Saturday, July 21, 2012

Blog Hop!


I guess techinically this is for newbie bloggers... but I thought I'd link up to say hello and find some new blogs to follow as well!  I'm not sure who organized the hop, but I found it at Grade 3 is the Place for Me!

Soooo...

1.)  What state are you in?
Michigan

2.)  What is your current teaching position?
I just finished a stint of teaching a 1st/2nd split class for two years, did four years of 2nd before that, and have been hired in a new district to teach 3rd grade ELA.  I'm super excited!

3.)  What is your teaching experience??
See the answer to question two!  I also taught preschool for two years before getting hired for 2nd grade.

4.)  When did you start blogging?
June of 2011- it's one of the best things I've done professionally!  I love meeting new, amazing teachers and sharing ideas in this way.

5.)  Share some blogging tips or a resource.
A bloggy tip... in the beginning it's really easy to get swept up in the number of followers you have and people always want to know how they can get more quickly.  Blogging is all about relationships and networking- if you want your blog to grow, visit other blogs!  Leave comments and interact with other bloggers.  Share ideas!  Share stories!  Share pictures!  Blogging is an amazing way to enhance your classroom and yourself professionally... as well as make new friends!

Off to hop and through and meet some new bloggy friends!

9 comments:

  1. Christina-- I thought for sure that I already followed you but I was mistaken, I just visit a lot! I love your blog and hope that sometime you'll stop by mine!!

    Have a great weekend.

    Kristen
    A Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in third grade!! Can't wait to hear about it!!

    Kelli
    Tales From a Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new blogger and am still trying to find exactly what works well. I love visiting your blog! I hope you'll visit mine soon!

    Erin
    First with Franklin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you will love third grade! I am you newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also new to the blogosphere and very happy I stumbled upon your blog. Please check me out, I'm a first grade teacher.

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your insight. It can be very easy to forget WHY we blog. :) I love the connections we can make and encouragement we find in Bloggersville. I am your newest follower.
    Leah
    Learning 4 Keeps

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christina,
    I’m your newest follower! Though, I've been stalking you for longer than this...I've been a fan of yours since I found the Second Grade Teacher's Club and your fabulous resources! I am a Newbie Blogger, so I appreciate all of the sharing of advice and ideas. So, thanks for your help!
    Corinna
    Teaching Fabulous Firsties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    I found you through the blog hop...I'm a newbie too - started my blog in April of this year. I teach 3rd grade too and I love it! I think you'll find that you're going to love this age too! Good luck!
    Diane
    schoolhousetreasures

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a new blogger and Love your blog!! Do you know how to get the blogs you follow on your page? I am still trying to figure this out Thank s

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...