Monday, July 30, 2012

My first "official" Monday Made It!


This summer I've made a ton of printables for my classroom, but I have just completed my first "official" Monday Made It!

I say official because I'm actually blogging about it on a Monday!  :)

Here are the two unofficial made its I've done this summer:

A new clipboard...
 

And crate seats...





And now for the big reveal of my first official Monday Made It!





These are currently being displayed on top of my microwave... but I'll be moving them to school soon!  I bought thick letters at Hobby Lobby.  I traced them on scrapbook paper, cut the letters out, and used Modge Podge to affix them to the letters.  Then I Modge Podged the heck over the top of the paper!

There were a few bumps in the paper which, for someone like me, was very distressing!  I hid them on the R and D with flowers!  To stick those brads in the A, I used my poker tool to poke a hole and then I just stuck the brads in.  It worked well- the flowers are stuck in the same way.  I put a brad in the middle of each, poked a hole, and stuck the brad in.

There you have it!  I can't wait to see what everyone else is sharing today too!

18 comments:

  1. These are all adorable! Your classroom is going to look so spiffy! I am adding all of these to my crafting to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Wrinkles in the paper make me crazy too! Good for you for making it work. :)

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked how you spruced up your Read letters! I still have yet to do these.. and I definitely wanted too. It just seems summer is ending a little TOO quickly for me right now.

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I still haven't attempted the crate seat trend. One day...maybe. :)

    Erin
    Elementary Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  5. The letters look awesome! Great job!

    Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers
    I’m having a giveaway! Come on over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your READ letters! They're way too cute!

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees
    I'm having a 2-0-0 follower giveaway - come on by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the letters--so cute!
    -Lisa
    http://secondgradeserenity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your letters and crate seats! Clipboard is also amazing too!

    Kelli
    Tales From a Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was walking at the craft store and saw some cardboard letters... but couldn't think of a word. I love what you did! Your crate seats and clipboard look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the letters! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your letters! They look so happy! I have never been to a Hobby Lobby, so I think it might be a good thing! I'm all about JoAnn's Fabrics. I wonder if they are similar?? I think Hobby Lobby is way better from what I see from everyone else!

    http://missredheadandfirstgraders.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the letters! I've never been very successful at using Modge Podge without bubbles or wrinkles. Any suggestions?
    Tamberly
    http://awindowintomrswheelersclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks great! Your READ letters look awesome, along with everything else! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the READ letters. Modge Podge is not my friend :)
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your letters. That is on my to do list!! I would live for you to stop by secondgradechatter.blogspot.com I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...