Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Unpacking and Settling In... Day 1

First up...

Congrats to Jessica at Mrs. Heeren's Happenings, Charleen, and Kerry for sharing my same taste in cuteness!  They all agreed that January is the cutest month on my behavior bingo set!  Just look at those little kittens and try not to get all warm and fuzzy inside!  They are so STINKIN' cute!


So, I'll be sending you three the whole pack for free!  You can click the picture above to go to yesterday's blog post to learn more about the pack if you'd like!

Now for the meat of the post today.

I am so tired!  I had an early morning doctor's appointment, followed by a grande skinny caramelmellow latte no whip at Biggby, which then led me to Target where I promptly bought MORE pocket charts (I need help, people!).  All of these events took place about 30 miles from where I live so then I drove back down and resigned (insert bittersweet feelings here) and then I went to my new classroom to begin day 1 of unpacking and settling in.  I have been doing that in the 98-ish degree heat for about the last five hours.

Here's what it looked like when I opened my door at 10am.  At this time my anxiety level was about an 8 on a scale of 1-10:

 And... when I left 5 hours later it looked like a tornado had torn through!  BUT... all of my boxes that were along the wall and stuffed into every conceivable space in the room are unpacked!  Not necessarily put away... but everything's out!

Tonight I'm going to ask the hubby to put together two bookcases for me so I can organize my classroom library, which honestly is a bulk of that mess- the baskets are stashed everywhere but mostly in that built-in-shelf on the right.  I'm going to use a bit of that for my library and put more books across the front of the room.  I think once I can get that organized, I can start putting other stuff away!  I'm hoping anyway!

Stay tuned for day 2 pics tomorrow!

13 comments:

  1. Can't wait to watch as your new classroom unfolds! So exciting :)

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing. No one should be working in this heat! Uuuggghhhh! You never did reveal when your birthday was. Isn't that what you said you would do? Good luck with unpacking. I hear it's supposed to get down to the low 80s next week.
    Patty
    Second In line

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unpacking is fun and exhausting all at the same time! It's so hot at our school in the summer, too! I'll be doing that same thing next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went and worked in my classroom today too. They turn off the AC during the summer so it was incredibly hot. I feel your pain. I had to move rooms too and I've just been moving around the mess. I need to get some big shelves to store most of my stuff on and then I will be set. Have a good night!

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always say my room looks like a bomb went off in it before it starts looking like a classroom! You will get there!

    Krazy Town

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lot of work...but in the end I always feel acomplished! Can't wait to see more :)

    Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete
  7. New blogger/follower here :) That would be me in those pics...beginning of first day classroom set up and end :) It's exciting and anxiety-driven at the same time :D Love that built-in bookcase! You can do it...just rest and take breaths, although I know that's easier said than done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make the biggest messes when I begin setting up my room each year! It's crazy! I can't wait to see it when you finish. It will look awesome!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. It always looks messier before the end. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    Jana
    Thinking Out Loud

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck! I know it's overwhelming now, but the end result will be worth it!! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to get into my room in a few weeks... I packed everything up and moved it into a storage unit this summer hoping I would get another job... it is two weeks before school starts and I'm beginning to think it is all gonna go back in that same classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved your comments today! And wow, can I relate! I too have changed teaching assignments and rooms. I had been in my old room for 16 years, and had way too much stuff!! As I left my new room today, with all the former teacher's stuff out of cabinets and shelves plus my stuff...it had all the looks of an F5 tornado...but as my daughter reminded me, we really had made progress...it just looks worse than it really is! I love her positivity!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was also in my classroom yesterday and I was sitting on my couch working on a tree to put up in our Classroom Library and sweat was just coming down my face. I was not even walking around or taking things down out of cabinets yet. IT WAS SO HOT!! (103 degrees) Going to school again tomorrow to finish up a few areas. Thanks for showing us your new classroom. It looks about the size as mine. I will be posting pictures of before and after also very soon. Take Care.

    Mrs Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...