Monday, July 16, 2012

Yippie! BINGO! {Behavior BINGO, that is!}

Tonight is the board meeting where my new job will be official!  Cup your hands around your ear at about 6:23pm tonight and listen... you'll hear me hooting and hollering!

When school begins in the fall, I'll be teaching reading to four different groups of 3rd graders.  I've had to re-think my behavior management systems and have something new and exciting to show you about my clip chart in a few weeks!  I can't wait to show you what we're going to be doing with clip charts in 3rd grade this year!

One new thing I'm going to add is behavior BINGO.  I haven't used it in a few years, but I think it will be a nice way for each of my groups of kids to get rewarded for their good choices.  I'll have a different BINGO board for each of the four groups I'll be teaching and each class of kids will be able to earn BINGO numbers for their good choices.

And then... on the happy day when one of the groups gets a BINGO, they'll get a little reward, clear their board, and start all over again!

If you aren't familiar with Behavior BINGO, you have a BINGO board and pull numbers when good behaviors and choices are made, then you cover up the numbers on the board until you have a BINGO!

I have made a set of monthly themed behavior BINGO boards to use in my class and have just put them on TpT and TN as well.
Find it on TpT      or      Teacher's Notebook

I also think this would be a GREAT way for table or desk groups in the classroom to receive their own rewards for good choices.  I usually have four groups in my room and so I would have given each group one of these boards and allow them to pull numbers for good group choices.  I know my 1st and 2nd graders would have gone bonkers for this last year!

Here's the thing though... and maybe I'm a big meanie... but I'm a huge supporter of "intermittent praise".  In the beginning of the year, I give a lot of it and I do it often.  But then I start to wean them off of my "thank yous" and "wow- good listenings" and "you guys and gals sure do know how to follow directions" and my single M&Ms or Nerds (1 Nerd is a magical thing!).  I still dole out those happy words and tasty singular treats but my students are really quick to follow directions because I *might* say "thank you" to them!  (But... shhhh!... I might not too!)  I really want my kiddos to understand that sometimes we just do the right thing because it's the right thing to do.

So, these behavior BINGO boards have 16 spaces... but there are 20 numbers... so sometimes they might pull a number that isn't on the board.  My kiddos will get to have a 1 second silent party and cross their fingers that the next time they get to pull, it's a number they need!  Not to mention the best reward there is... just feeling good about the choices you've made!

I'm excited about using these in my classroom!

In the packs on TpT and TN, there is also a full page BINGO board for each month if you want to use it whole class... and there's a BONUS!!!!!  The file includes blank copies of the BINGO boards (2 per month) that you can use as incentive charts for individual sweeties who need a little extra support!

Here's a pic of the bonus!


Want to win the pack?  Just download the preview from TpT and tell me which month you think looks the cutest!  Leave me a comment with your favorite month... and if you choose mine, I'll send you a copy!  I'll do it for the first three people who have my same taste in "cuteness"!  Be sure to leave your e-mail!

Wait!  Have you seen my shared Google Doc for sharing your first day tips for classroom routines?  I hope you'll add to the list!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE GOOGLE DOC!

45 comments:

  1. Yay on your new job becoming official tonight!!
    -Megan

    First Grade Magic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! They are all cute! My favorite is May because I love bees.

    ✣ Miss Nelson✣
    Miss Nelson’s Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new job! My favorite month is October which I am thinking is yours too because we have the same birthday. These are too cute. I've added them to my wishlist.

    Swimming into Second

    swimmingintosecond@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! My favorite is January! Love the clipart and colors! :)

    Jessica
    Mrs. Heeren's Happenings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I would pick October because it is my birthday month and I love Halloween decorations.

    P.s. you have a typo in the first line...you said "cup your eat" I'm sure you meant ear, so quick go back and change it! Sssshhhh I won't tell anyone!

    PattySecond In Line

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your behavior bingo cards but I think February is the cutest! Thanks for having a great giveaway. Congratulations on your new job being official :)
    Kelly
    kellydeannab@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on the new job! It's always fun to start something new!

    I love October b/c it's my birthday and Halloween is my favorite. But June is super cute as well! I love this idea. I'm a special ed teacher and I think I could manage this easily enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on your new job. My favorite bingo board is the January one, although, they are all cute.
    charsom68aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey!
    My favorite is September! I just LOVE school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very excited for you on the new job! I know you will be great at it. As for the months...I like June! Super cute colors and I love the clip art!

    Have a great day!

    Nicole
    A Frenzy of Fun in 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like September! The mouse is adorable!

    rmariemuniz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay new job! My favorite is July because elephants are my favorite animal!
    Liz
    Check out my new blog Teaching in Valley

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think September is super cute! Congrats on the new job!!!!! karmstrong @eaton.k12.oh.us

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think September is super cute! Congrats on the new job!!!!! karmstrong @eaton.k12.oh.us

    ReplyDelete
  15. June is the month I like best! I love the beach!

    mfeikert@embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think September is super cute. I love the mouse with the paint brushes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are all SO cute!!! I'm going to say July (although it's a almost a tie with February)!

    Karyn
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love March!!! And congrats on the new job! I am also teaching the entire grade ELA, but fourth graders!!!

    Jessica
    Fabulous and Fun 4th Graders

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think April is the cutest! Bunnies and chicks? What could be cuter? :) Congrats on your new job!

    Lisa
    lnguyen2002@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like all of them. But I would have to say that August is my fav... Congrats on the new job!

    amadalawson4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. opps.... I made a mistake in my email

    amandalawson4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. hmmm, this is hard. Could it be your bday month or December because you may have an addiction to that little Christmas town....I have to say May though because it's my favorite!
    Rachel =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yea for new jobs and new beginnings! I really love the March month (perhaps because that is the month of my daughters birth and my own birthday ;). Even if I don't win, these are on my wishlist. I have 4 grade levels and 5 different reading/writing groups and have struggled with coming up with a good behavior program. I'm willing to give this a shot to see if this helps with the organization of "rewards"!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oopps.. my email is: lifeinjoco@gmail.com!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are SUPER cute!! My fav is September..love the mouse graphics ...super cute!! crossing my fingers it's yours too!! :)
    Tori
    treb21@comcast.net
    Tori's Teacher Tips

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the February one! It's simple and sweet. :)

    Sarah
    Miss A's Kindergarten
    missaskindergarten@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like February too! The little bug is so darn cute!

    Courtney
    3rd Grade Sprinkles
    courtneyice1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like September the best. Congratulations on the new job!

    Cindy
    CL14Mentor@oh.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations on your new 'dream' job...so excited for you! :) Love, love your Bingo idea...can't wait to use it! What fun! :) All the months are adorable...now what to choose?! October is my birthday month, too....lots of October birthday posters! Love the September one..so cute and love fall and back to school. Impossible to choose, but will go with April...that bunny is adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oops! Email...jody.erickson@k12.sd.us

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is a great idea! :) My favorite is April. The bunny is too cute. :)
    Leslie
    lilikoilekili@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. My favorite is January. Purple and snowflakes - can't go wrong with those!

    dlkjmi2005@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I say September! This is a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oops - my email is momma2mygirlies@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love May - it made me feel like spring just looking at it! I know I won't win even if May is your favorite too but I just had to share anyway! joannj210@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. The cats for January are just way to cute!

    Congrats on your job! :)

    Christina
    prec0ci0us@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congrats on your new job! I used to teach third grade and loved it. I really like March because of the cute leprechaun and green is one of my favorite colors!

    inirayluper(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congrats on making your new job official!!
    My favorite is July because I LOVE that set of Dr. Seuss' graphics.
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the bingo boards . They are so stinkin' cute. My favorites are January, May, and June. myfingers are crossed that I'm a winner.

    shacre223@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am so excited for your new job! We have a lot in common.....my new job will be teaching reading to 3 groups of 2nd graders!!! I am super excited as well and have been thinking how to deal with the behavior issue during my reading block with the kids. This is a great idea. Funny when I read about your "nerd" reward-I use "skittles" and agree, you would not believe how far 1 skittle will go. I will definitely check out your bingo boards. They all look great to me, I am a penguin lover myself! Thanks for sharing. I love reading your blog and posts. Have a great year. karen.felder@palmbeachschools.org

    ReplyDelete
  41. May is my favorite- love the cute bugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. May is my favorite- love the cute bugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Adorable bingo:)! My favorite is February!! Thanks for all of your goodies!

    ~Sara
    Sweetsarabowling@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...