Sunday, February 16, 2014

What's Going On in Room 108

It's been a while, bloggy friends!  I promise I'm trying hard to get back into things... but I have all my "life stuff" going on and they haven't settled down.  BUT I did manage to snag a few quick pics last week so I can show you what we've been doing...

We have an intervention time called "Success Time".  This past week, the groups were composed of kids who missed certain things on a math assessment.  Anyone who needed that specific intervention went to another classroom and I kept my kiddos who didn't need to be re-taught.  We worked on telling time and multiplication, which are things all of our 3rd graders need.

I started with a quick assessment from my 3rd grade "Math Snapshots" pack to see where everyone was at on their telling time to the minute.  We didn't do so hot, so I backed up to time to the 5-minute mark.  We did this classroom hunt, which the kiddos loved!  After we did the hunt, I gave a 2nd grade "Math Snapshot" for telling time to the 5 minute mark.  With the extra practice from the hunt, I only had three who I'll still be working with on their time!


We also played this multiplication game called "Catch 'Em".  The kiddos roll two dice, multiply the numbers and then "catch" the bug on their mat by crossing off that number.  I just printed the pages and put them in a sheet protector.  Then the kiddos use a dry erase marker.  You can get it for FREE by clicking the picture!

We have Monday off and Tuesday we report but not kids.  I have a student teacher starting on Tuesday and I'm so excited!

I hope you all have a great week... I'll try to get back soon!

5 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself friend :) Have fun introducing your student teacher to the wonders of teaching! She has a great example to look up to. T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are doing well and you enjoy your long weekend! Good luck with your student teacher and I hope things start getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're doing well. Been praying for ya:) We are off too Monday and workday training Tuesday but I'm not going in until Wednesday due to my wipe out with the asphalt:/ Have a great day off and enjoy your student teacher:)
    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Monday and Tuesday are productive days for you. Sending you hugs! You can do this.
    I have my first student teacher, let me know if you have any advice for me :)
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care of yourself my friend! Been thinking a lot about you! I am off today and I am sitting at a coffee shop super early waiting for my husband to finish a race. At least I get some coffee and quiet time! Next time I am in MI we can enjoy some coffee together:)

    Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...